This policy describes how Red Bud Industries collects, uses, and shares personal information. You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Client Information||We collect the name and contact information of our clients and their employees with whom we may interact.||We have a legitimate interest in contacting our clients and communicating with them concerning normal business administration such as sales, servicing, and billing.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains, and make purchases.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Employment||We collect a range of information about applicants, which may include among other things, your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number; details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history; and information about your entitlement to work in the United States. We may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems, and on other IT systems (including email).||We also have a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment, and decide to whom to offer a job. We also need to process personal data to take steps to facilitate an employment relationship and ensure that we are complying with legal obligations. For example, it is mandatory to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the United States before employment begins.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving and acting upon your feedback or issues.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address or postal address.||We have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services.|
|Order Placement||We may collect your name, company name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and credit card number when you place an order.||We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services.|
|Partner Promotion||We may share information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.||We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our promotions.|
|Web Logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our website. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our products or services is the most popular.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
• To identify you when you visit our website
• To provide products and services
• To improve our services and product offerings
• To conduct analytics
• To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests
• To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions
• For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you purchase a product from us, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
1. Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company.
2. Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy. For example, if you signed the Conditions of Sale at the time you purchased a product, you may have agreed to serve as a reference and to let us share your contact information with potential customers. If you do not want to be contacted as a reference, please contact us at the address or phone number below.
3. Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
4. Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
1. Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
2. Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us, you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with “NO SNAIL MAIL” in the subject line along with your name and mailing address. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
3. Access to Your Personal Information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address below.
4. Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to contact us to update and correct your personal information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. You can request corrections to your personal information by contacting us at the address below.
5. Deletion of Your Personal Information. Typically, we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
6. Revocation of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
7. Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
8. California Residents. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
• Transmission of Information to Other Countries. As a company that sells products to businesses internationally, we may transfer information between countries. As a result, your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible, we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you, agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction, you can contact us using the contact information below.
• Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices, please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
If you are not satisfied with our response and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Last Revised: June 13, 2018